Saturday 20 August 2022

Wednesday 17th August - 10CR Preparations finally start

The good thing about my job having a 12pm start is that I can get a few hours in in the garage before I leave for work. Today was no exception and I made a start on preparing the Triumph for the impending 10 Countries in 5 days rally with Club Triumph. 

I will be running with good friend Richard Warr who's in my old Mk2 Triumph, Rusty Custard and in order to be able stay in touch with each other whilst on the move we have opted to operate CB radios. We have tried various walky-talkies in the past, but frankly they are....shit!

We had used CB's previously on the RBRR and had some good success with them, so it makes sense to run with them again. I mounted by CB just below my rally trip meter so it's out of the way and then mounted the extension speaker in the centre of the car with the microphone holder fixed to the side of it for easy reach. 

The aerial has been placed on the boot lid, but with enough free coax cable to be moved onto the roof if required. Another job off the list and a good mornings work. 






No comments:

Post a Comment