Saturday 20 August 2022

Saturday 20th August - Preparation work continues.

Todays plan was to check over the Triumph as much as possible as time is now moving on. The car was jacked up front and back and all wheels removed. I started with the front hubs, brake pads and front suspension. All bolts were checked for tightness and all grease nipples were greased. 

With this done the differential was checked for oil levels and so was the gearbox. The propshaft was also greased and the exhaust was checked over. I then removed the brake drums so that I could replace the brake adjusters. These were still working but not as good as they should, so brand new ones were fitted. I then drained the engine oil and removed the oil filter in readiness for an oil and filter change when I get the parts. 

After a break for some lunch and to watch the mighty Spurs on the tele, I then painted the front grille on the Mk1 Cortina. The early Lotus Cortina's had black inserts on the front grilles and I thought this would look good on mine with it being the dark colour it is. I think it came out quite well. 

I'd also picked up an original steering wheel on Monday for it and had spent the week rubbing it down and preparing it. The past two days have been good weather wise with no dampness in the air, so I've spent a few days spraying it. I have to say this came out pretty good as well, but it still needs to be lacquered to give it a bit of protection.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment