Thursday 4 August 2022

Saturday 30th July - Work continues

 With no plans for this Saturday at all I committed some time to progressing with the Green Cortina. I had already re-fitted the gearbox on Thursday morning before work, so Saturday morning was just spent re-fitting the propshaft, starter motor, gear lever etc. 

With all that done I decided to re-visit the seat mountings. I've been happy with the seats, but I've always felt too low down while driving and I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. So, on Wednesday I had been down to the small order metal company in Great Wakering and bought some 1 & 1/4 inch box section to fit between the seat runners and the floor pan. 

Fitting these wasn't quite as straight forward as I thought it was going to be though and a bit of fabrication and  welding was required. By late afternoon I had achieved what I wanted to though and my revised and higher seat mountings were complete. All I have to do now is repeat the process on the passenger side, but that can wait for the time being. (I never sit in the passenger side, so I'm not too fussed about that one)


I was happy with my results, although I haven't test driven the car yet as I've a nearside front wheel bearing to attend to. Plus, I had to pack up at 4pm and get showered as I was going to Rochford to purchase a set of wheel trims for my Cortina estate. (I had lost one driving home a few weeks back)  By the time I did that it was close on 5pm, so I decided to have the rest of the day off and go to the pub!



No comments:

Post a Comment