Sunday 28 August 2022

Sunday 28th August. Not another Cortina!

 Since buying the Green Cortina, I still hadn't been able to get the thought of a two-door model out of my mind. I had been keeping my eyes open on ebay and other websites and had even won one in a private auction, but hadn't met the reserve. (Plus it was in Southern Ireland and transport was a problem)

There are some good cars out there, but there are also some stupid prices out there as well. I can't justify spending anywhere near £20k and more like most people are asking, so I had to bide my time waiting for a car to come up at the right price. So, luckily for me one did, and also luckily for me I was the only bidder when the auction finished on Thursday night. Contact was made with the seller and I arranged to collect the car on the Sunday

Good friend Richard was down from Gloucestershire over the weekend and agreed to give me a lift to the sellers house on his way home on the Sunday. The car was as good as I'd hoped it was be, so the transaction was completed and I set out for home. I really enjoyed the drive back (apart from the 30 minute delay at the Dartford Crossing) and the car drives well and sounds great. (Especially in the Dartford Tunnel!) 

My dream car has always been a Mk1 Lotus Cortina, but the prices have always been about twenty grand in front of whatever I've had in the bank, so I've never been able to have one. This car is probably the closest I'll ever get to a Lotus Cortina. It's a two door and it's also got a Twin Cam engine like the Lotus Cortina has. It has a 2 litre Zetec engine fitted with electronic fuel injection, so it's bloody quick as well. A standard Zetec pushes out 142 Bhp and with the electronic fuel injection as well, it probably produces well over twice as much than a standard 1500cc Cortina engine does. There are a few small jobs that I need to do on it, but nothing major. What I do need to do now, is sell some of the others. I really haven't got the space for this many cars!






No comments:

Post a Comment