Friday 12 August 2022

Friday 12th August - Gertie2 returns!

 With the 10 Countries Rally getting closer every day, I needed to retrieve Gertie2 from her storage place close to the Suffolk border and start doing some preparation work. I also don't have much room at present to store too many cars at my place, so my Cortina estate was sacrificed in the exchange. 

I had also finally got my Cortina estate steering wheel back from the painters, so this was fitted on the car Thursday night ready for the early morning drive on Friday. I have to say it looks so much better than the Mountey wheel that was on there when I bought it and it just completes the car. I'm very pleased with it.

After a beautiful drive up the A12 in glorious sunshine, I arrived at Colin Wake's place where the car was stored and after playing musical cars so we could park the estate and dig out Gertie2, we went for breakfast. 

Colin couldn't hang around too long as he needed to be somewhere else, so I left and took a slow drive to work. Due to the incredible heat, I parked the car in the warehouse away from the blistering sun. 

There isn't really a lot to do in the way of preparation, so a few mornings next week before work should see most of it done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment