Sunday 21 August 2022

Sunday 21st August - Battlesbridge Breakfast meet

 After another long day in the garage yesterday, I decided to chill out a bit today and not do much at all. A classic car breakfast meet was on at Battlesbridge Antiques Centre, so I headed down there in the green Cortina. It's only a short journey to Battlesbridge, but it was a short but pleasant drive and the Cortina ran well.

Once there I met up with Triumph friends Peter, Carl and Gavin and also met Keith, a member of the Cortina Mk1 Owners club and who also owns a beautiful Lotus Cortina. It's one of a batch of only eight Lotus Cortina's that was sold to the West Sussex Police Force. Amazingly, five of this batch still survive. Keith's car even still has the Police radio, speaker and two-tones fitted. He also has the 'Police' roof box complete with blue light in the boot as well. 


After a few cups of coffee and a good chinwag, I made tracks around 12pm as I wanted to catch my local car shop before they shut. Once home, I changed into my overalls and carried on where I left off yesterday on the Triumph. With the gearbox oil topped up and the new oil filter fitted the engine was topped up with new oil and a new fan belt fitted as well. I then refitted the wheels and moved the car out of the garage. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow to give it a test drive and make sure everything is as it should be. 

                                    

With all of the chattering going at Battlesbridge, I had forgotten to take a pic of my Cortina with its newly painted front grille. So I had to make do with parking it in the road opposite and taking one there. I still think it looks really good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment