Thursday 26 October 2023

Wednesday October 25th - More engine work

 Today's task was to separate the pistons from the con rods. After the struggle of getting the pistons out of the block, I was expecting an equal struggle in getting the gudgeon pins out of the con rods, but to my surprise, they came out fairly easy. 

It was difficult removing the circlips though, and some of them, most of them actually, didn't survive. 

Seeing as this didn't take as long as I thought it would, I then spun the engine block round and started the long and boring process of removing all the old gaskets. These have been stuck on for years and year now, so they will take some removing. The worst bit of any engine rebuild is the gasket removal and thorough cleaning process. So is removing all the old burnt oil from the block and sludge out of the sump. I'm certainly getting through a lot of old rags and blue towell!. It will all be worth it in the end though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment