Sunday 23 April 2023

Tuesday 18th April. Change of distributor.

 Taking the Triumph to work on Monday had shown that even with altering the settings on the 123 distributor, the car still wasn't running right. 

With time now getting tight for the HCR rally this weekend, I decided to revert back to my previous distributor which was just a standard electronic item. I'm still not convinced that the fueling is right on this car either, but being a Lucas manual fuel injection system, it's a bit beyond my capabilities. 

Anyhow, I fitted the alternative distributor and adjusted it, but something still isn't  right. It's just not a very happy motor car. The Vacuum is reading right though, so in reality, the timing shouldn't be that far out. If at all.  


I've also now got a braking issue as well, so any test drives will have to wait until I sort that out. Work continues!





No comments:

Post a Comment