Sunday 23 April 2023

Thursday 20th April. Brake repairs!

 When I drove home from work on Monday night, I pulled up onto the drive and to my horror thought I was going to crash right through my front gates! The brake pedal almost sank to the floor! Luckily, my reactions were good and I managed to pull the handbrake up and stop in time before any damage was done. 

So Tuesday morning, I checked the master cylinder reservoir and found that I hadn't lost any fluid, so the fault was likely to lie with the master cylinder. I ordered two new seal kits from Chris Witor and waited, and waited and waited. By Thursday they still hadn't arrived, so I used a very old stock seal kit that's been in my spares box for about ten years. I wasn't happy about using this, but I needed to be able to test drive the car and needed brakes to do it. 

So, reluctantly, I stripped the master cylinder down and rebuilt it with the old kit. I then decided to fit the brake servo that I had had refurbished last year, but hadn't got round to fitting. 


With the brakes bled, I was able to go for a test drive and was going to take the car to work again, but to be honest, it was running so badly that I turned round and brought it back home again. It seems to be fighting me all the way this car. I'm not best pleased with it at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment