Sunday 16 April 2023

Saturday 15th April - Continued Pi work.

 Following last Sundays disappointing maiden journey in the newly injected Triumph, I was fortunate enough to receive my refurbished injectors back from KMI. With these fitted I then turned my attention to the ignition timing. Now that the car was running on injection rather than carburettors, the timing would need some adjustments. 

I have a programmable 123 distributor fitted to this car, so all adjustments have to be made on a laptop. The only downside to this is that the curve can be altered to each power band, (Every thousand revs) so it can take some time to get it exactly how you want it. It's certainly a clever bit of kit though.

You can also set two positions so you can switch from one to the other, so I chose the two programmes I thought would be suitable and loaded them into the distributor. I didn't have time to test drive it though as I had other jobs to do, so it will have to wait for another time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment