Thursday 17 November 2022

Wednesday 16th November - Test drive

 After a dismal start weather wise, the rain finally cleared up and I was able to take the Blue Cortina for a test drive after repairs had been carried out to the bottom ball joint. 

I didn't go too far, just around the block a couple of times, but I was pleased to discover there were no knocks or bangs and everything felt right and as it should. In fact, the steering actually felt more precise that it had previously. I also noticed that my steering wheel was now off set, so fitting this new ball joint has also altered the tracking slightly. So, now that the driver side has a new ball joint, I'll also be fitting a new one to the nearside soon as well. Once that's done, I'll be checking the tracking then. 

While the Blue Cortina was off the drive, I de-dusted the Green Cortina that's been sitting in the garage for ages and took that round the block for a spin too. I have another big job lined up for this, so I wanted to turn it round and reverse it into the garage. Whilst it was out the sun decided to make an appearance, so I grabbed the opportunity to have a quick photo shoot. I think it looks rather nice with its new wheels. Top Job! 






No comments:

Post a Comment