Wednesday 16 November 2022

Tuesday 15th November - Progress made.

 After my little mishap on Sunday afternoon with the front suspension collapsing, I made contact with my friend Keith to see if he had any ball joint parts available. Luckily, he did, so a trip was made to his home in Wickford on Monday morning to collect the required parts. The rest of the parts in the casing had survived, so it was just the ball joint itself I needed. 


So, Tuesday morning, I built the ball joint assembly back up with the new part and then refitted it to the car. The job went smoothly with no issues and didn't take long at all. I even had a go at bending the lip of the damaged wing back in and tried my hand a bit of panel beating as well. It still needs to be done professionally, but it will suffice for now. I was going to take the car for a test drive, but just as I had finished, the rain came down, so the drive would have to wait for another time. I have to say I was quite pleased with my mornings work and also glad that the car is back on the road so quickly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment