Monday 21 November 2022

Thursday 17th November - Engine out!

 For about three months now I've had an oil leak from the back of the Green Cortina's engine. I was pretty sure that it was only the sump gasket rather than the rear crank shaft seal, but I wasn't certain and would need to remove the engine to find out. The reason I suspected it was the sump gasket was because it was only a static leak, meaning that it still leaks even when the engine isn't running. If it was a crank shaft seal it wouldn't leak while the engine isn't running as the oil wouldn't be that high. (But it would be high enough to reach the back of the sump)

So, I decided to bite the bullet and get out into the garage early to make a start on it. The job went a lot better than I expected and by the time I needed to get ready to go to work, the engine was out and on the floor. A good morning's work!



No comments:

Post a Comment