Friday 14 October 2022

Thursday 6th October - New shocks

 When I recently attempted to lower the Green Cortina by one inch to match up the ride height with the front, I found that the shock absorbers were 'bottoming out'. This means that the shocks were too long for lowered cars and are only really good for standard ride height. 

After shopping around, I bought some lowered and uprated shock absorbers from Retro Ford. The shocks are made by Gaz at Basildon, I went there first, but the lead time on having some made was four weeks, whereas Retro Ford had them in stock. (They obviously buy them in bulk for a cheaper rate and then keep them on the shelves.) 

In the near future I will be getting some new springs as well, but I haven't decided what type I'm going for yet, so the shocks are a good cure for the interim. 

Thursday morning was quite mild, and I had nothing else to do in the morning, so I fitted them before leaving for work. It was an easy job, so it didn't take long at all. I've also set them at quite a hard setting, so the ride should be a lot less 'bouncy' than it has been. 




No comments:

Post a Comment