Thursday 27 October 2022

Friday 21st October - 2nd test drive!

 So, still not happy with the ride height at the back of the Green Cortina, Friday morning before work I fitted one inch lowering blocks to the new rear leaf springs. With this done the drive to work went well and once at work, I parked the car in the warehouse on its nice flat and level floor. 

It looked good and I was happy with it.


However, when I moved the car at the end of my shift in the nice quiet empty warehouse, I could hear a squeaking noise. Puzzled, I looked underneath and found that the newly fitted front coil over springs were in contact with the tyres and chafing grooves into the sidewalls. With this in mind I took the shortest possible route home and drove at no more than 40 mph. The last thing I wanted was a double blow out at 70mph! I then spent the rest of the night on the internet looking at how to resolve my latest problem. Damn!  



No comments:

Post a Comment