Wednesday 19 October 2022

Wednesday 19th October. Test Drive!

 Today, I finally had a bit of time to take the Green Cortina for its test drive since fitting the new springs. I was hoping to have good, spirited drive, but today must have been the day that all the 20 mph pensioners were out! 

A leisurely drive up through Rochford, Ashingdon, Hockley and Rayleigh took place instead and I managed to find plenty of 'bouncy' roads to give the suspension a good settling. 

I parked the car in the road opposite when I got home and had a good look at the ride height. I'm not completely happy with it I have to say as it doesn't seem low enough at the back for my liking. Having said that, the road opposite (and all of the roads around my area) is on the slant, so you can't get a decent level reading. 

I'll take it to work tomorrow and park it on our dead flat warehouse floor. That will give me more of idea of what's what. I do suspect though, that I'm going to be fitting lowering blocks to bring the back down another inch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment