Thursday 4 May 2023

Thursday 4th May. The Zetec Cortina returns home.

 After being on the waiting list for numerous weeks, I had finally got the call to take the Zetec Cortina into the paint shop last week for repairs.  On a drive home last year, the ball joint had sheared and forced the suspension leg into the front wing and bent it. It was dropped off at the paint shop on Friday 28th April and today was the day I was getting it back.

I was quite apprehensive I have to say, as it's an unusual colour and getting it matched could have been a problem. However, my fears were unfounded and I was very happy with how it looked. You wouldn't have even thought that anything had happened in the first place. 

It wasn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. The next job is to get the gearbox rebuilt and then it will be ready to do the shows. I'm looking forward to driving it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment