Sunday 14 May 2023

Sunday 14th May. An early morning drive.

 I was awake early (again!) this morning and although the sky was overcast, it didn't look like rain. So I decided that my estate hadn't been for a run for a while and needed to stretch its legs. 

I filled up with petrol and took a drive over to Wallasea Island. It's in the middle of nowhere and therefore you don't get much traffic out that way. (Although the cyclists seem to be growing in numbers!)

It was a pleasant morning out and the Cortina estate behaved impeccably. She looks great with the new Rostyle wheels fitted I have to say. It's made her look a tad more 'sporty'. 

I like this car and the fact that it's so original, but truth be told, it's probably too original for me. I like cars that have been messed around with a bit so that I can mess round with them further and put my own mark on them. I couldn't do that to this car as it would just ruin it. So in reality, I think I need to put it up for sale and let someone else get some pleasure from it. It needs to be taken to shows rather than used and abused on the type of events that I do. I'll be having a long hard think before I let it go though, so it could be with me for a while yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment