Sunday 3 July 2022

Sunday 3rd July. The Estate's first trip out.

 After giving the Cortina estate a good check over I found that both rear wheel cylinders were leaking and the indicators weren't performing as they should. 

After waiting longer than I should have done for parts to arrive I was finally able to get the rear brakes sorted (with help from good friend Gavin) and after a few false starts also managed to rectify the indicators. 

With all outstanding jobs completed a test drive was the order of the day, so a run out to Little Easton Manor near Great Dunmow was arranged. My mate Andy was also going in his Bentley, so we met at Chelmsford and drove up together. My little 1500cc engine was no match for his 6.7 litre monster, but we stuck together had a good run in the sunshine. 

The venue was beautiful and we had a really nice chilled day. The estate ran well and it certainly got a lot of attention. I think it's the originality of it that attracts people and the front bench seat, column change gearbox and umbrella handbrake seem to be a talking point with a lot of people. 

It's a great car and I'm very pleased I bought it. I'm looking forward to going to more shows in it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment