Monday 8 April 2024

Wednesday 13th March - News from HarveyTune at Derby.

 Good friend Dave Harvey is currently building an engine for my Mk1 Triumph as my old 2.6 litre engine  is getting a bit knackered now. The 2.6 engine is now in its third car and has been raced and rallied since 2011. I commissioned Dave to do the job because I've seen his work and it is absolutely meticulous. 

Dave had put the block into Bate's Engineering at Derby to be rebored and for the crank to be reground. With the block back from them, the cleaning process then started. Brand new plus 40 thou pistons have been purchased and also some good quality con rods as the original ones weren't up to the job. 

I also ordered some new ARP big end bolts (Not cheap!) and some other bits and pieces that left me £138 shorter. It's certainly not cheap having an engine built these days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment