Thursday 25 April 2024

Thursday 25th April - Bumper improvement programme!

I received a phone call today saying that my Cortina bumper was ready for collection....again! It had had some chrome treatment a little while ago, but unfortunately for some reason it had reacted and started to peel. 


 So, it was sent back to the guy who did it for me and he resolved to make it right. It looked good when I collected it, so it was quickly fitted to my Cortina before the rain came down. Hopefully, it will last this time. 

With this done, I turned my attention to the front bumper on my Triumph. Since looking at Richards Mk1 Triumph on the HCR I decided that the Mk1's look a lot better at the front with the overriders removed from the bumper. The headlights, front grille and bumper all sit horizontally, so the vertical overriders don't quite sync.
I removed the overriders from my bumper, but it left tell tale marks where they had been and I wasn't happy with that. 

So, I found another bumper in my stores shed that wasn't perfect, but was a lot better than the existing one. After a bit of spannering and polishing, I had the replacement bumper fitted. I think it improves the look no end, so it will stay like this for the time being. 



No comments:

Post a Comment