Wednesday 29 November 2023

Saturday November 11th - Distributor marker.

A few years back my friend Gavin made a marker for his distributor, so that if ever he removes it, he knows exactly where to put it back so that he doesn't disturb the ignition timing. 

After testing it on his car and finding that it fitted ok, he also made one for me, but because I was running a 123 distributor at the time, I'd never got around to fitting it. (Because the 123 can be tuned with a lap top and doesn't need moving.)  

However, now that I'm running a standard distributor again, I decided to fit it and give it a try. I have to say, it's a very good fit and will serve its purpose very well. I've marked the body of the distributor in line with the pointer, so this will be the exact marker to line up with if ever I have to remove the distributor. A very good idea that I'm surprised wasn't thought of by manufacturers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment