Monday 19 September 2022

Sunday 18th September - Battlesbridge Breakfast meet.

 Sunday morning saw me up bright and early to meet up with some friends at the Battlesbridge Classic Car Breakfast meet. The car show season is starting to tail off for the winter and this meet could end up being the last time this year (depending on weather) so it was vital to get there. 

I had been undecided on which Cortina to take, the 2 door, the 4 door, or the 5 door! In the end I decided on the 2 door which meant shuffling cars around before leaving. I left my place at 08.30 and was at Battlesbridge 20 minutes later. Peter Silk arrived in his Triumph Mk2 shortly after and before long Keith Halstead arrived with his Mk1 Lotus Cortina. We enjoyed a few cups of coffee and then Ivor Cross and son Anthony arrived as well in Ivor's Mk1 Triumph 2.5Pi. 

It was a good day and great to meet up with old friends again, but unfortunately, I had to leave around 12.30pm as I had other things to do. The traffic was light on the way home so the Cortina got a chance to stretch its legs. It's a great car and with its twin cam engine and electronic fuel injection, and it's also very, very quick. 

It's a shame I've bought it more or less at the end of the show season as I'd love to use it more, but at least it gives me a chance to make some small changes and address a few little jobs that need doing. All in all, a very pleasant morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment