Monday 19 September 2022

Saturday 17th September. The estate comes home.

With the Triumph saloon causing no issues whatsoever on the recent Club Triumph 10cr and therefore with no further work being required, I made the decision to put it into long term storage for the winter and bring the Cortina estate home instead. When I drive the Cortina estate, I can hear a very slight rattling noise when I pull away in each gear. (Although nobody else can-I've either got exceptional hearing, or a vivid imagination!) My suspicions are that the timing chain tensioner is failing, or maybe even the timing chain itself. Time will tell. 

I arrived at the storage point in North Essex at around 10am and after jump starting the car, (A new battery is on the shopping list) a quick cup of coffee and getting some petrol, I set off home again. On my journey up I had seen the aftermath of an accident on the southbound side of the A12 that was causing considerable delays. So, I decided to come home through Colchester town centre. What a mistake that was! What a ridiculous place Colchester is for badly designed junction layouts and traffic lights on the exits of roundabouts. I honestly think I would have been better off just joining the queue on the A12!

Anyway, two and a half hours later, I finally arrived home and decided that was enough for the day. It did feel good driving the estate again though I have to say. I had sat in a lot of standing traffic on the way back, but at no time did the car run hot or cause me any issues or worries. What a great car! 



No comments:

Post a Comment