Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Saturday 12th September - Wheel bearing adjustment

 Not much to do today, so I decided to adjust the wheel bearings on my Green Cortina. I'd become aware of a slight knocking from the front which I first thought were the strut tops coming loose. 
The strut tops were fine however, and it did indeed turn out to be the wheel bearings needing adjustment. 

This didn't take long and while I had the wheels off, I tried on one of my other rims that I'd been experimenting a different colour on. 


I'd chosen a dark Gray, but I don't think this will suit the car at all. I'm toying with the idea of changing to a darker coloured wheel, just for a different look, but it has to look right. 
I did try my dark Group five alloys on the car when I first got them. (See below) I thought they looked alright, but decided they looked better on my Zetec Cortina. (Now since sold)

I shall keep persevering until I find a colour I'm happy with, or I could just leave it as it is. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment