Whilst the suspension legs and front springs are away being refurbished, I've been very limited as to what I can do with the Lotus.
So, I decided to try a different steering wheel on the Green car. The Lotus Cortina was missing its original steering wheel when I bought it, but there was a period after market steering wheel in its place. I already have a proper Lotus steering wheel to fit onto the Lotus Cortina, so I thought I'd try the after market wheel on the Green car. Sometimes, these aren't interchangeable due to being different models, I.e Pre-aeroflow and Aeroflow. (The steering columns are different)
The first fitting revealed that the bottom of the steering wheel boss was making contact with the column shroud. However, after adjusting the shroud, I found that the after market steering wheel fitted perfectly.
It certainly looks better than the 1980's Mountey steering wheel that was on there and I'm very happy with the result. Success! 😊


No comments:
Post a Comment