Wednesday 7 December 2022

Thursday 1st December - finishing off

 With the temperatures dropping, work on the cars has dropped off a bit recently, but today was quite mild, so I got to finish off some of the jobs on the green Cortina. I had put the engine back in after changing the sump gasket, but it still needed the new oil pump and filter fitting plus other jobs.

I was also looking to fit the twin 40 carbs that I have on stand-by but discovered that I will need to move the starter solenoid as this will be in the way, fit a longer clutch cable because this will also be in way and also change the throttle pedal as this isn't suitable for the twin throttle cables that I'll be using. So, with all this needing doing, I decided to leave the twin 40's and put the original twin choke weber back on for now.

I did get it all finished though and it's all now back on the road and driveable. A massive bonus is that the new sump gasket has done its job and I no longer have an oil leak. Great result! 


No comments:

Post a Comment