Wednesday 7 December 2022

Sunday December 4th - Abortive Mission!

After speaking to Dave Maton on the Saturday we decided to meet up at the Breakfast meet at North Weald on Sunday morning. Dave wanted to give his car a run after his recent engine replacement and he also has some bits that I need for my Triumph estate, so I could get these off of him while I was there. 

I decided to take the Cortina estate as it hasn't been out for a run for some time. So, after playing musical cars so I could get the estate out I set off around 9.15am. The Cortina was running well and the heater was lovely and warm. I was just about to turn onto the A130 to head across to Chelmsford and then then the A414 to North Weald when I got a phone call from Dave. We had already spoken this morning and arranged to meet at 10am, so if he was ringing me, I was guessing there was a problem. 

Sure enough, he was ringing me to tell me his engine had blown a core plug and that he had broken down. He was also sitting in a lay-by awaiting recovery. Not a good day for him. Well, I could have carried on, but I didn't know anyone else going and I suspect the cold weather would have kept quite a few people away anyway, so I turned round and headed home. Pity, as I was enjoying the drive. Oh well, maybe another time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment