Friday 27 July 2012

July 21st - Improvement to CAC

Not much to report of late. My newly rebuilt engine has gone back to the engineers where it is being rectified under warranty, so until I get this back there's not much I can do.
The thing is, the longer this goes on the nearer we are getting to the RBRR. I know it's not until October, but if I don't get the engine back for another month or so, that doesn't leave a lot of time to get it fitted and run in and iron out any niggles before the event. I would then be forced to use the estate car as back up.
So, with this in mind I took  said estate car (CAC) down to Dave Picton to have a good quality electronic ignition fitted. This didn't take long, so once done I called into fellow RBRR piloteer Davemate's for a coffee where we chatted about all things car and grumped about modern life in general. Coffee drank, I was able to give the estate a good run up the motorway on the way home.
(CAC outside Dave Picton's)

I have to say it has been a good car of late and any thoughts that I did have of selling it have now faded. It was a complete nail when I first bought it and any chance of a breakdown free run was about as rare as a Spurs away win. But over the past few years gradual changes and improvements have been made and she's now a pleasure to drive again.
Although I'd rather use Gertie for the RBRR as I think she suits the spirit of the event better, I think the estate would be up to the job as a suitable replacement.

 So, if Gertie's engine isn't back and in place in time, 'Team Gertie' (See the web page below) could end up having to change to Team CAC! Watch this space!


http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=teamgertie&faId=234312&isTeam=true

No comments:

Post a Comment