Tuesday 27 September 2011

Sunday 25th September - Anti vibration attempts continued!

With the vibration on Gertie now starting to do my head in, I've started making attempts to eradicate this annoying feature. Its always been on the car, so whatever it is that's causing it, was on the car when I bought it. With this in mind, I've started replacing the bits I've not yet touched.
The problem is, I'm not sure where the vibration is coming from. Sometimes, it appears to be from the nearside front, other times it appears to be directly underneath me. So far this weekend I have replaced both front wheel bearings, the gearbox cross member rubber mounting and late Sunday night, the nearside ball joint. I test drove the car after doing the wheels bearings and cross member, but so far this has made no difference. I've yet to test drive it after changing the bottom suspension arm and the ball joint.

Suspected faulty gearbox cross member. 

No comments:

Post a Comment