Wednesday 16 March 2011

16th March 2011. From Norfolk with Rust!

Not much to report on the cars in my possesion at the moment, because I've been too damn lazy and de-motivated  to do anything. Although the estate passed its MOT last Friday and I did fit a rally harness in the passenger side and a fire extinguiser holder in the rally car last Sunday, so not that lazy!
Need to get some other jobs done though, as I'm competing in the Club Triumph Historic Counties Rally in a few weeks time. This is an overnight rally that starts in Lancashire 6pm Saturday evening and finshes in Suffolk 9.30am Sunday Morning, so all good fun! New posts on this to follow soon.


Anyway, back to the storyline. 'Yellow' the Mk1 is progressing slowly but surely up in Norfolk. The drivers side wing was too far gone and had to be cut off and a new one is being fitted. More holes and rust were found under the wing (Not really surprised) so more work is needed there as well. The drivers side sill has been done, and I believe the passenger side sill was started on today.
Saturday, I have to drive up to Norfolk to hand over the new rear wing I bought at Stoneleigh, so I'll take some more pics then.
Work still to be done is the two rear arches, boot floor, and a few other bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment