Friday 30 June 2023

Wednesday 28th June. The fuel pump returns!

The fuel pump that I had sent away to KMI Petrol Injection to be refurbished had arrived the day before while I was at work. So today I decided to get it fitted so I could return the one I had borrowed to its rightful owner, Richard Warr. 

With the pump fitted I decided to drive the car a few times around the block. All seemed well until the 4th lap when all of a sudden the car 'coughed'. It only did it the once, but once was enough to dispel my thoughts of test driving it properly by taking it to work. 

As if to confirm my suspicions, the car then dropped onto to five cylinders which turned out to be a problem with no.1 injector. No amount of fiddling would make fuel come out of the injector, so God knows what gone wrong now. My work departure time was creeping up on me, so the Triumph was parked up and left. It really is fighting me all the way this car and to be honest I'm losing heart with it quite rapidly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment