Wednesday 21 June 2023

Saturday 10th June. A new Battery and spark plug check.

 After the embarrassment of the battery failing at my Mother's the night before I took it down to my local car shop to have it checked. Their readings revealed 0% efficiency and 1% charge! So it was definitely kaput! £86 then changed hands and I came home with a new one and promptly fitted it. To be honest, the old battery had served me well as I've had it so long I can't even remember buying it. I bought it originally for Gertie, so I reckon it had to be about eight years old at least!

Before I started the car up, I took all of the spark plugs out to see what colour they were. This gives an idea of whether the engine is in good tune or not. The front four were an ok colour, but the back two were a little bit sooty, so a bit more tuning will be required. I was quite knackered after my few days away and the long Friday, so once I had put the plugs back in I called it a day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment