Wednesday 21 June 2023

Monday 19th June- Triumph Ignition coil

 After seeking out some other ignition coils, I decided to try a different one on the Triumph to see if I could cure my jerking problem. 

There was actually already a spare coil bolted in place next to the original one on the car. I had made up a bracket to hold two coils years ago so that if ever the coil packed up on a rally, I could just switch the wires to the spare one rather than lose time unbolting and re-bolting coils in place. 

I had also found another one in my shed, but it looks quite old and I'm not sure of its origin, so I'll leave that one for now until I can test it. It's got a test date on it of March 2009 so it's knocking on a bit!(See below)

Anyway, with the other spare one fitted I took the car to work, and I'm pleased to report that I had a totally trouble free drive there and back! So, hopefully, changing the coil had resolved the issue. 

This car will doing close on a 1000 miles this weekend on the Club Triumph Coast to Coast rally, so it needs to be right. It's 180 miles to the start and 280 miles home. That's without the actual event mileage. (I must need my head tested!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment