Wednesday 21 June 2023

Tuesday 20th- Back to the Cortina.

 The fact that I couldn't get the starter motor fitted back into the Zetec Cortina had been bugging me and playing on my mind, so early Tuesday morning I donned my overalls and ventured out into the garage for another play. Another half hour of fiddling proved that it wasn't going to play ball no matter what, so I looked at my other options. 

The best option it seemed was to support the engine and remove the engine mount. This engine mount was a home made affair for the Zetec engine and looked something like Frankenstein's monster!

However, it had been built with strength in mind and is never going to flex or break under the power of the Zetec. It wasn't too bad to remove either, and once out of the way I was able to bolt the starter motor in its rightful place. Success! I then refitted the engine mount too and then called time as I had to go and get showered and get ready for work. A good morning's work and it wont be long now before this car is back on the road. 



No comments:

Post a Comment