Friday 30 June 2023

Thursday 29th June. Zetec Cortina is mobile again

 To be honest, this mornings plan was to fit new brake pads and discs on my every day car, my Renault Clio. I was up early and was going to get an early start. However, with garage space currently taken up by my Zetec Cortina, I was going to have to do this on the driveway. As bad luck would have it, today was the day it decided to rain, thus thwarting my plans.

Seeing as I already had my overalls on I decided to go into the garage and try and get the Zetec finished off and mobile again. All I had to do was re-fit the slave cylinder and bleed the clutch, refit the propshaft, fill the newly rebuilt gearbox with oil, and put the bonnet back on. Everything went well and before I knew it I was done and playing musical cars, so I could get the troublesome Triumph into the garage. A very good morning. And it had stopped raining!





No comments:

Post a Comment