Monday 24 July 2023

Tuesday 18th July. Zetec fuel pump removal.

This morning my aim was to remove the electric fuel pump from the Zetec Cortina. I hadn't been happy with some of the noises I had been hearing from it lately and I was looking to replace it. 

It had been mounted under the boot floor on the drivers side by a previous owner, so for ease of access, I jacked the rear of the car up onto axle stands to give me more access. It didn't prove too awkward to get to and with twenty minutes I had it all removed. 

It turned out to be a Bosch fuel pump and had a Mann fuel filter placed after it! I would have put the filter before the pump myself as it would catch any crap that might be in the tank before it goes through the pump, not after. 
Anyway, with both removed, I was able to get the part numbers and order replacements. Job jobbed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment