Wednesday 12 July 2023

Sunday 9th July - More investigations!

 I was going to have a gardening day today, but I kept being interrupted by rain showers every hour or so, so I admitted defeat and went into the garage instead.

The recent banging from the back of the Green Cortina whenever I hit a pot hole was enough to force an enquiry. My initial suspicions of it being the gearbox mount proved to be unfounded, so I started looking at the rear suspension. I found that the rear shock absorber on the driver side was wet at the bottom, which means its leaking oil. This was particularly disappointing as I've had this trouble before with this shock and had already taken it back to Gaz shocks in Basildon who had repaired it. I couldn't quite make out where it was leaking from though, but I suspected somewhere near the bottom as the mounting bolt was wet. 

So, I wiped the bolt and the bottom of the shock completely dry and left the shock absorber stood up horizontally all day to see what would happen. 

I went back to it later that night and removing the bolt found it wet again. So the shock is definitely leaking! Looks like another trip to Gaz then. Not impressed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment