Monday 24 July 2023

Saturday 22nd July - The new pump has arrived!

Gavin came round the morning as we needed to do a couple of little tests on the Triumph. For some reason when I take the spark plugs out I am finding the the front three are Grey and the back three are black. Now this could be a sparking issue, or a metering unit issue. We started off by testing the spark to see if it was weak on the last three cylinders, but all was fine. We did find the the ignition coil wasn't running as efficiently as it could be, so that was replaced as well. 

We then went for a thirty mile test drive to see if we had made any difference. We hadn't. It looks like I will have to persevere with the metering unit and talk to some experts on Monday. 

Gavin left around lunch time, so I decided to crack on with my Zetec Cortina. The new pump and filters had arrived, so I took to fitting them. I decided to leave the original set up as it was, but also add another fuel filter before the pump. This was a Vauxhall Vectra 3.0i filter as it can cope with the high pressure. 

I couldn't get the job finished as I am still waiting for an inline on/off tap to be delivered, but I did get the pump and the two filters mounted, so it wont take me long to finish when the tap does arrive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment