Wednesday 12 July 2023

Saturday 8th July - A few outstanding jobs.

 Taking part in the recent Club Triumph Coast to coast rally had highlighted a few little jobs that needed doing on the Triumph. Annoying things such as squeaky brakes, an exhaust rattle and a small vibration at the front wheels.

The first job to do was to get the Triumph up on axle stands. Slowly and thoroughly I worked my way through the above list and one by one resolved all of the issues. 

I then moved the Triumph out of the garage and got the Zetec Cortina in as I had to check the gearbox oil again now that the car had been driven. This didn't take long, but it did play up a bit when I drove it round the block and the electric fuel pump was making funny noises as well, so this will have to be investigated at some point in the near future. 

With these two cars done I then pulled the Green Cortina into the garage for more investigation work. I had taken it to work on Friday and found that I still had a banging noise on the rear whenever I hit a pot hole, which was a lot! (Our roads are atrocious at the moment!) I'm wondering if the gearbox mount has collapsed?

By now though it was late in the afternoon, so I just got the car up on axle stands and called it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment