Monday 3 July 2023

Sunday 2nd July - New brakes discs.

 Due to working on the Triumph most of the day yesterday, I didn't get a chance to fit the new brake discs on my daily driver Renault Clio, so this became the priority job for today.

I decided to let the neighbour's have a lie in and so didn't start making any noise until 10am. I started with the drivers side as I had already removed all of that side previously when Euro Car Parts delivered the wrong discs, so I knew everything would come undone easily. Sure enough, it all did and I had the new disc fitted within about 15 minutes. 

The nearside was a bit more of a challenge as the 17mm calliper bolts had to be persuaded to come undone using the bigger ratchet bar and the slider bolts in the calliper needed removing, cleaning and greasing as they had started to seize up. Also, one of the screws that secure the disc to the hub had been butchered, so this had to be knocked round with a hammer and chisel before it started to come undone. Apart from that though, everything else went well and I was done 11.30 am. I then spent an hour in my garage tidying up and putting all my recently used tools away. A good morning's work and I'm now safe in the knowledge that the Clio's brakes are back up to 100% efficiency again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment