Monday 17 July 2023

Sunday 16th July - Battlesbridge breakfast meet.

 The threatened stormy weather for this weekend never happened, so I decided to have a drive out to the Battlesbridge breakfast meet. 

I decided to take the Green Cortina as I wanted to see if the new shocks on the rear had got rid of my 'banging' whenever I hit a pot hole. To my disappointment it hadn't. However, after looking at the car closely underneath, you can see that the exhaust is actually touching the axle, so this must be causing the banging I'm getting. I've never been happy with this one-piece homemade bodge of an exhaust and to an extent it has always ruined the driving experience with its constant 'klanking', so it's now booked in to have a new stainless steel system made next month.

Anyway, I had arrived at the show quite early. (I couldn't remember if it started at 8am or 9am) I was on site at 8.30am and was given a spot on the front row. (Between a modern Porsche and modern Mercedes!)


Good friends Gavin and Peter Silk arrived shortly after and we had a pleasant morning walking round the cars. Not a bad show, but a bit too much modern stuff is creeping in. There also wasn't the numbers that there normally is either. Maybe the threat of rain put people off. (Or maybe people are getting fed up of all the modern crap!)

Around 11am Gavin and I had seen enough, so we made tracks. A good morning out though and the weather was good too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment