Thursday 24 August 2023

Tuesday 22nd August - Zetec investigations continue

After spending a lot of time on Sunday afternoon reading about Zetec running issues, I decided to replace both the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. These are both fairly accessible so it didn't take long to remove them. 

When I removed the crankshaft sensor I found the magnetized end of it covered in iron filings. This could well be causing my power loss issues as it could be affecting the reading being sent to the ECU. Below is a pic of how it looked when I removed it, and underneath that, how it should look. 


I then removed the camshaft sensor, but this looked ok. However, my train of thought is that these sensors could be the original items from the original Mondeo engine which would now be about 26 years old. Or, even if they were fitted new when the Cortina was modified (2005) they would still be 18 years old. Due to this I decided to replace both of them. They are currently on order and I should have them within a day or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment