Monday 28 August 2023

Saturday 26th August - Replacement bumper.

My Green Cortina has had the wrong rear bumper fitted to it since I bought it. It hasn't bothered me too much as it was a nice shiny item. However, it's always niggled me a little bit every time I've looked at the car from the rear. It's actually an estate bumper that's on the car and the estate bumpers have a small cut out so that you don't graze your knuckles when opening the tailgate. 

Earlier this year I managed to find a saloon bumper on ebay in the Derbyshire area and won it for £40. Good friend Dave Harvey collected it for me and brought it down on one of his visits. Just recently another good friend Keith Halstead had found someone that does Hydra-chroming. This is a chrome plating system that is far cheaper than normal chroming. So, seeing as the price was right, we decided to take a gamble and both had a rear bumper done each. (he needed his done for his Lotus Cortina)

With not much else to do today, I decided to fit it. It looks a lot better although I've still got to do a bit better job of lining it up correctly. It's now on the car and looks ok, but I will give it some more time at a later date.


The next job I wanted to do was to fit a new crankshaft sensor and new camshaft sensor to the Zetec Cortina. I had purchased these during the week and I was hoping that the fitting of these two would cure my issues. Unfortunately, they didn't. 

My next port of call will be to replace the engine temperature sensor as this could be giving the ECU a false reading as to whether the engine is hot or cold, which in turn could either make the fueling system supply too much fuel when the engine's hot, or not enough when its cold. I shall persevere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment