Wednesday 2 August 2023

Saturday 29th July - A bit of tinkering

 The fuel tap that I had been waiting for finally arrived on Friday, so I was able to get the Zetec Cortina finished at last. I also fitted an additional Vauxhall Vectra 3.0i filter and set it before the pump so that the pump wouldn't be at risk of getting clogged up by any crap that might be in the tank. 

After plumbing everything back in I switched the ignition on to prime the pump and also check for leaks. The new pump sounded a lot healthier than the old one and nothing appeared to be leaking, so all is well. I'm just looking forward for a break in the rain, so I can take it for a test drive now. (I could be waiting some time!)

The next job was on the Green Cortina and this was to fit a pertronix electronic ignition module. It already has electronic ignition, but this is made by power spark, which I'm not keen on to be honest. (I've had one fail in the past) This was a simple exercise of just unscrewing the module from the base plate in the distributor and fitting the new module on. This just left me with a bit of wiring to do and then I was finished. 

The car was then started and was running as it should. It will need a test drive to make sure I've got the timing spot on, but again, I'll wait until this nuisance rain stops.




No comments:

Post a Comment