Thursday 24 August 2023

Saturday 19th August - Scott & Hayward

 Ever since I have had my Green Cortina the exhaust on it has always been an issue. It was a home made affair that didn't fit right, hung way too low and was always banging or knocking somewhere. Since my ownership I had tried various things to stop it from rattling and even made up some brackets myself to try and secure it, but no matter what I did it's never been right and has always been a thorn in my side. The constant rattling and banging was just totally ruining the enjoyment of driving the car.

You can't buy proper exhausts new, and they very rarely come up for sale second hand either. It had now got to the stage where I had finally had enough of it and I had booked it in to Scott and Hayward of Basildon to have a stainless steel exhaust system custom made. Not cheap I know, but once fitted it will last a life time. So, Saturday morning I took the car down to Basildon and left it  with them as it was going to take them a few days. 

I then still had to get back home and buses are few and far between at weekends, so good friend Gavin came and collected me and we went for breakfast before he dropped me off back at mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment