Monday 7 August 2023

Saturday 5th August - Wheel changing in the rain!

 I had so much to do today, but the rain hammering down pretty much all day scuppered a lot of that. A few weeks back I reluctantly put the Mk1 Cortina estate up for sale. It's a lovely car, but if I'm honest, it's not really me. I like sporty and modified cars that I can mess around with and make upgrades to. I like to put my own stamp on them. The problem with the estate is that it's just too original and doesn't deserve to be played with. A committee member of the Cortina Mk1 Owners Club had owned it for many years and had really looked after it, so I never felt that I could 'alter' it too much. Plus, I haven't really got anywhere to keep it and it's presently sitting on next doors driveway behind locked gates. (Which is a pain if ever I want to go out in it.) One of the things I had done with the estate was to put a set of Mk2 Cortina 1600E Rostyle wheels on it. This made it look more sporty, but could also easily be changed back if I needed to to. 

Well, I have now found a buyer for the estate and part of the deal was to refit the original wheels. Luckily, the rain slowed a little bit, so I managed to swap the wheels over. It now looks how it did when I bought it. (See below-this pic was taken last summer-not in Saturdays rain!) As I was only changing the wheels, I could do this without removing the car cover and therefore keep the car dry.


I had also been thinking about trying the Rostyle wheels on the Green Cortina to see how it looked. However, after looking at many photo's I decided to stick with my retro Ford Lotus Cortina 'Lookalike' wheels. These wheels are brand new and run really smooth. They've got to be better than fifty year old Rostyle's that have potentially been bumped up and down kerbs, or driven over pot holes all their lives. So, I left the Green Cortina how it is and have put the Rostyles up for sale. 




No comments:

Post a Comment