Sunday 21 April 2024

Wednesday 17th April - The Cortina Starter Motor saga continues

 Unexpectedly, the starter motor that I had sent away to be modified, (That should have taken a week) suddenly arrived back with me on Tuesday 16th April. I quickly fitted it only to find that this time it was just clicking and doing nothing else. I rang the supplier again and after a lengthy discussion we decided to try a different model number. With his usual fantastic service this replacement model arrived Wednesday afternoon. 

Unfortunately, I'd become quite ill on Tuesday afternoon and I was starting to feel quite poorly this afternoon as well. (I think it was a reaction from a hospital procedure I'd had on Monday afternoon) Luckily, I have a fantastic mate, Andy, who's a mad petrol head and very much into classic cars as well. He called round after work for a catch up, and then insisted on fitting the starter motor for me! What a great guy he is! 

Unfortunately, the new model was significantly bigger and just wouldn't fit properly. Well it would, but you then couldn't get the top bolts in to hold it in place securely. Sadly, poor Andy then not only had to remove it, but also had to fit the original inertia one for me so that the car was kept mobile. (I just stood there shivering and freezing cold and holding the torch for him) 

With this done, we retired to my nice warm house and ordered a Chinese takeaway. (Which I hardly ate any of because I was feeling so rough!) As soon as Andy left, I promptly went to bed and slept for about 14 hours and most of the following two days as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment