Wednesday 24 April 2024

Tuesday 23rd April - Engine removal complete!

 I had some assistance in the form of Gavin this morning, so I had a saved some of the jobs that were easier with two men until now. 

The first job was to remove the bonnet and lay it on the roof of the car. Next on the agenda was to remove the cylinder head. (I can do this on my own, but it's bloody heavy!) We then removed the starter motor and slave cylinder, the last few remaining bellhousing bolts and the engine was then ready to come out. 

After setting the engine crane up, I supported the gearbox with a trolly jack and then got to lifting the engine. It came out quite easily to be honest. With the engine out of the car, I then removed the crankshaft pulley, clutch, flywheel and rear engine plate. 

The last job was to drain all of the oil from it and then move it to the side of the garage. I left the engine crane set up as I'm going up to HarveyTune on Saturday to collect my new engine, so I'll need the crane to unload it from my car. With everything done, we cleaned up and went out for ham, egg and chips at Addy's cafe. very nice it was too. Another successful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment