Wednesday 24 April 2024

Monday 22nd April - Engine removal started!

 I had a few things to do on Monday morning and never got home until 2.15pm, so I started quite late on the engine removal process. However, with the warm weather and the company of greatest hits radio, I got stuck in and just cracked on. 

First thing was to drain all the water out of the radiator and while this was draining I undid and removed all heater hoses and fuel hoses. I then moved on the nearside of the engine and removed the distributor and alternator before moving across the front of the engine and removing the water pump. I then removed the air filter, twin carburettors and inlet manifold. 

My next task was remove my additional brake vacuum tank (Especially good for providing better braking efficiency on the long mountain passes in Europe) and my expansion bottle, so that I could get access to the radiator bolts and remove the radiator.
I then undid the bellhousing bolts around the top half of the engine and removed the rocker gear and push rods and undid all the cylinder head bolts in readiness for the head to be removed in the morning. (Gavin was coming round to provide a bit of assistance)
By the time I had cleaned the tools and put them away, it was close on 6pm, so I decided to call it a day and go indoors for some much earned tea. Quite a successful afternoon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment